Our 2023 Pick Your Own Lavender Harvest will take place on 29th and 30th July.
Pop it in your diary now and don't miss out on this very special annual event.
A look a back at last year....
Saturday 30th & Sunday 31st July 2022
2022 PICK YOUR OWN LAVENDER HARVEST WEEKEND
Read our press release for full details about this event here.
BOOK your tickets now and for fast access to the event. Alternatively you can just turn up and pay at the gate.
Saturday 30th & Sunday 31st July
10.00am until 5pm (last entry 4.30pm)
Pre-book your tickets to guarantee your place. Alternatively you can pay at the gate on the day.
Lavender pickers remember to bring scissors or secateurs with you to cut your lavender.
Adult entry £1
Adult entry including a handsome bunch of lavender picked by you! £5
Up to 2 children aged under 16 are FREE.
Remember our lavender is late flowering so it's in it's prime.
We are pleased to announce that previous restrictions are lifted and you can spend as much time as you wish in the field or visiting our a variety of stalls (see below) including ours where you can purchase essential oil, floral water, lavender crafts and lavender plants.
Entrance is at the Fir Tree Grove gate (SM5 4NG) and the exit is at Oaks Way Centre.
We are excited to be welcoming back some small businesses to sell their handmade & locally crafted items including an award-winning range of Carshalton Lavender skincare.
We will have an example £5 bunch for you to see upon entry. If you would like to pick more you can and we just ask you to pay for any extra lavender that you pick.
We are 100% volunteer led and look forward to welcoming you and seeing you enjoy the relaxing scent of Carshalton Lavender.
Please note the main entrance is via the Fir Tree Grove gate to the allotments and exit via Oaks Way Centre (in previous years this has been the entrance).
Limited parking and entry for disabled badge holders at Oaks Way Centre.
Join our mailing list here for updates
2022 STALLS FOR BOTH DAYS UNLESS STATED BELOW
- Carshalton Lavender - exclusively distilled on site - pure essential oil & floral water, lavender crafts and books
- Plants including different varieties of Lavender plants
- Award winning aromatherapy skincare & room sprays locally made by Louisa from Just Be Natural including a unique Carshalton Heritage Lavender range
- Delicious Connies Cakes including a specially made lavender one, gluten free options available. Teas and coffees available.
- Mouth watering Chutneys, Jams and Jellies from Jam Packed Preserves
- Food - deliciously organic, super tasty bhajis and pakoras - oh yes WHAM BAM Mother Bhumi is back!
- A selection of Patchwork crafts by Amanda Wilkes
- Face painting with Olga Budina
- Emma's Art - hand painted upcycled and recycled beautiful art pieces Saturday only
- BantamLady - cordials made from locally picked fruit Saturday only
- Ellie - TakeitUpWearItOut - Textile artist, creator of the Wandle Wardrobe, vintage fashion fan. Upcycling, refashioning and sustainability. Sunday only
- Girl Guides Games & Fun Activities
All of the above stallholders have signed up to have a stall at our harvest but we are unable to guarantee their attendance.
Sign up to our mailing list here to be the first to hear about future events and volunteering sessions.
CAN YOU HELP US?
We are 100% run by volunteers and we are very excited to be welcoming volunteers back for our Saturday morning sessions with social distancing and the necessary safety measures in place. If you'd like to meet new people, get some fresh air and exercise find out more on our Get Involved page. Book into a session via our Facebook page, email or call us.
If you would like to help at one of our PYO events do get in touch.
Pick a bunch of lavender to take home for
* floral decoration
* herbal remedies
* culinary use
* drying to scent rooms and linen
* giving as gifts
* using in handmade soaps, cream, lotions etc
* making lavender crafts such as lavender bags, paper, pouches, candles, door stops, pillows
* charity stall makes
Family Activities - free for accompanied children
- pick lavender while enjoying exploring in the field
- take part in the Big Butterfly Count - download the app
- spot bees, birds, ladybirds and butterflies
- catch rosemary beetles (lavender's natural enemy, we need to eliminate them by hand)
- face painting
- Girl Guide games and activities
Lavender sales by Carshalton Lavender volunteers including
- fresh lavender
- hand-tied floristry bunches
- lavender plants - various varieties
- lavender books - history, products
- lavender essential oil - as distilled in the field
- lavender floral water - room spray/linen water
- lavender bread (Sat only) & shortbread (while stock lasts)
Photo opportunities -
- the field is a sea of lavender blue when in flower, so very photogenic
- find a quiet corner to photograph friends and family
- a great chance to make a study of bees and butterflies
In The Field
- be part of the centuries-old tradition of gathering at the harvest to celebrate nature's sights and smells among the fragrant lavender
- see the Still and discover how lavender oil is distilled
- learn about our lavender heritage and traditions during the demonstrations
- see photos of London's historic lavender industry
- chat with current volunteers and learn about how to help continue that heritage through practical work in the field and more sedentary volunteering opportunities such as
- taking cuttings
- making up lavender bunches
- packing dried lavender buds
- setting up/ manning our stall at local produce markets
- see how areas of the field are being regenerated to replace the older plants
- see the different varieties of lavender growing in the display area
Oaks Way Centre will be open over our harvest weekend and this is where you will find the toilets. Please note that there are no toilets on our field but some refreshments are available. See above list of stalls for full details. The Oaks Way Centre runs a whole range of activities and services and you can find more out at their website here.